LULU'S ADOPTION PROCESS
How The Adoption Process Works
1. Choose Your Dog. Click on the "Our Dogs" tab and choose the dog that you are interested in adopting.
2. Pay the application fee. Submit the non-refundable $15 application fee using a credit card. (Thank you. Your application fee contributes in a small way to the very large vet bills incurred by Lulu’s Rescue when rescuing homeless dogs.) We will then begin to process your application.
3. Complete the Online Adoption Application. The application will be sent to you upon successful payment of the application fee.
4. Speak with an adoption counselor. An adoption counselor will contact you by phone to discuss the contents of your application and answer any questions that you may have. Please alert your vet and personal references that we will be in touch with them during this process.
5. Wait to be notified. Lulu's Rescue will notify you via email with our decision. (Note: we reserve the right to deny adoption without reason.)
Because of its length, we suggest you fill out the application on a desktop computer, not on mobile. It must be complete in one sitting and cannot be saved.
Lulu's Adoption Fees
Non-refundable application fee of $15.00 PLUS one of the below
Adult dogs: Age 1 year 1 month and older $400.00
Puppies: Age up to 13 months who are spayed/neutered $400.00
Puppies: Not old enough to be spayed/neutered $325.00 plus $200 spay/neuter fee which will be refunded with proof of spay/neuter.
Senior dogs: Age 7 and up $275.00
Rehoming fee: $250.00
When You're Approved
1. Congratulations! If you are approved to adopt, we will arrange a mutually acceptable time for you to meet your new family member. The contract must be completed and adoption fee paid before you take your dog home. PLEASE NOTE: The only forms of payment we can accept are payment using your credit/debit card, PayPal, or a certified bank check or money order. We are sorry but we are no longer able to accept personal checks for adoption fees.
3. Take your dog to the vet. You will receive your dog's vet records within 10 business days. Please make an initial wellness appointment with your veterinarian within 2 weeks and bring along the records provided by the rescue as well as a fecal sample.
Submitting an application does not guarantee adoption of a specific dog. Our mission is to find the best possible home for each of our companion animals.
Lulu's reserves the right to deny adoption without reason.
Lulu's will not adopt out puppies under 9 weeks of age.
Lulu's Rescue is a small, dedicated group. We strive to process all applications in a timely and efficient manner.
Thank you for your desire to adopt and save a life!